Saturday 17 December 2011

Frenzy Californian Tour, Summer 2011.


So following Charlie's idea, I (Miles) went to California for a week.
Basically, I went on tour playing drums for the legendary rockabilly band Frenzy.
We wanted to keep a low profile when we got there and avoid any trouble, so naturally, as soon as we arrived in LA, Josh (merch bitch) got seriously interrogated by the customs devil. We all stood in queues waiting, and it was abit of a lucky dip as to which customs official we would get, be it the useless woman who let anybody in or the fat hench Mexican dude who kicked up a fuss about absolutely everyone. Thats the guy that Josh got. It fucked him up for abit, but we survived. I took photos with a fish eye camra while we waited for Brando (tour manager) to pick us up.

We went to one of LAs famous 'guitar centres' and I had a small orgasmic episode at the entire wall of Fenders. We got Taco Bell, looked at Disneyland and then got dropped of at Dave Gamblers (guitarist in Gamblers Mark, sick back tattoos!) place for the night. We slept straight on the floor in Daves music studio. This proved to be a trend for the rest of the week. Back problems ahoy...

We played in Sacramento the first night and got done over by the fat useless wench that 'promoted' the show (there was no one there) because she refused to pay us. That fucking sucked. On the plus side, one of the support bands were so bad it was just funny, we all had a chuckle at that before deciding it really was terrible, so I went to the 7/11 next door. I was also jet-lagged so The Seat (Frenzy guitarist) poured eye drops in ma' glaziers, which made me go a little hyper.

The second night was in Fresno and wasn't that much better.

The third night, back in LA, was utter chaos. We sold out this pizza restaurant with punks and wreckers and they went mental for us. Some dudes had a fight with security for cutting our set and everything. Stve from the Henchmen (our tour support band) and I got on real good that night and everyone had a blast after the show.
Shame that trend didn't last.

We played San Diego the next day. In a Mexican restaurant. That was empty. It was shit. We got drunk. We drove home. I slept the 2 hour drive after Josh talked utter toilet water at The Seat and made us all laugh like crazy.
I had a decent chat with my girlfirend back home that night which was good, I was missing her pretty bad that day.

The final show was another LA gig and it was chaos again (maybe we should've just played 5 LA venues), it was an all day show in Bellfower. We saw some awesome support bands (check out The Limit Club & and Cold Blue Rebels) and a fat LA chick offered me and Josh a 4 way with her horrendously gross friend. I went upstairs and ate carrots leaving Josh to deal with the leviathan and her mate. Whitey (Frenzy bassist) got his knob out and put it on the merch table that night. I took a photo with the fisheye. I smashed in Nick's (Henchmen drummer) bass drum skin in aswell, so I had to play the last song with no kick. Sorry Nick.

The day after, we went to Amoeba Music (downtown LAs number one music show, its fucking massive) and I got a super rare Beastie Boys EP, a NIN single and buckets of stickers. Danny Exito (Daves bro and the bassist in Gamblers Mark) took us in his fucking massive pickup truck. He bought us Jack In The Box. Then he took us to meet Brando and he drove us to LAX.
The flight back was pretty hardcore. We hit some serious turbulence that nearly made me cry and the stupid infant in the seat in front would not shut up. It was a 10 hour flight and the little bastard literally cried through the whole flight. Whitey got annoyed with it, The Seat got annoyed with it, it did Joshes nut in and if I'd have been on that plane much longer I'd have forced it into the trash compactor. Noisy little cunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment